I liked London because it is very beautiful and I loved the shopping.
Raquel, 11, Mexico
I liked the trip to Stonehenge because it’s historical and very mysterious.
Ivana, 15, Slovenia
Heathfield Summer School offers three weekly trips: one full-day and one half-day excursion plus one evening or late afternoon trip. All entry fees are included in the cost.
Work in class is done as preparation and follow-up for these visits to encourage the girls to use their English and to learn more about Britain’s history and heritage. We combine sight-seeing, culture and fun and for some trips, senior and junior girls will do different activities.
Trips are very well staffed to ensure safe supervision of your daughter at all times. Girls wear brightly coloured lanyards round their necks with emergency contact ID attached. On longer trips some shopping time is available. Girls aged 11 and under stay with staff at all times and older girls, with parents’ permission, can shop in small groups.
Each summer course includes two trips to London with different destinations on each. In addition to a bus or river tour the day might include the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace; the Tower of London; St Paul’s Cathedral; Parliament Square & Big Ben; Covent Garden Market and one of London’s many great museums or galleries: the British Museum, the Victoria & Albert Museum, the National Gallery, the Tate Modern, the Science or Natural History Museum.
Our other trip destinations change every year and include:
- Windsor – the Royal Castle, Great Park, River Thames and Runnymede
- Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick Castle
- Oxford, including city walking tour and tour of a College or museum visit
- Bath, including the Roman Baths and Georgian Crescents
- Chichester and Arundel Castle
- Salisbury and Stonehenge
- Hampton Court Royal Palace
- Brighton and the Royal Pavilion or Sea Life Centre
- Winchester and its Cathedral
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyards and the HMS Victory
- Ascot Races for older seniors, aged 16 plus
- Entertainment trips offer girls the chance to go bowling or ice skating, to visit a Water Fun Park or Wildlife Park and enjoy rides and shows at Chessington World of Adventure.
Henley-on-Thames, Bath, Windsor, Hampton Court – they were super. There is no better description.
Iris, 14, Austria