Heathfield School collects and stores personal data for adults making an enquiry about our Summer School and Summer Camp courses and registering students on these courses and for students registered on the courses, in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act (2018).
We use adults’ personal data to:
- reply to enquiries
- process the booking for a student on the course
- send invoices and collect payments
- send comprehensive information relating to the course and the student attending
- send information relating to future courses
If, after the course is over, you do not wish remain on our mailing list for marketing communications please email us:
We use students’ personal data to:
- run the course in accordance with the profiles and needs of the students
- provide insurance cover with our insurance provider
- issue visa support letters if applicable
- deal with travel arrangements
- deal with any medical, welfare or safeguarding issues
- provide student reports
- comply with British Council inspection requirements
- provide future references for studies or employment
- provide continuity for students returning in subsequent years
With parents’ permission and that of students aged 13 and over as well, we may use a student’s image or words on our website, brochure or school social media accounts (or those of an official representative) but without using a student’s full name.
Please note: if Heathfield School has a serious concern about a student’s welfare or safety, we may need to disclose it to the local authority or police where legally required to do so.
Securing your data
We take every reasonable step to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We store information you provide on our secure servers located on site. We backup this data to a highly secure cloud service located in the UK. Only staff who need to process your data have access to view it. We cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet as it is inherently insecure.
You have the right to ask us:
• to correct any information that is incorrect
• what information we hold about a parent or student, with whom we have shared it and to request a copy
• to delete the information we hold about you in certain circumstances but some information (e.g. records of safeguarding concerns) may be kept for legal reasons
To see the full Heathfield School Data Protection Policy please follow this link
If you have any questions please contact our Data Protection Compliance Manager via email@example.com
You can also complain about any data issues with which you are not happy on that email. If you are not satisfied with the response you can write to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or call 0303 123 1113 or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Please note: cookies are used to improve your website experience but they are not required.