I have loved my time here – five years! and I feel like Heathfield is a second home. The staff and Helpers are WONDERFUL.
Great fun and with a good variety of activities and helpful and friendly staff. I would recommend it to other parents because my daughter had such a great week.
Mother of Ella
Heathfield Day Summer Camp
For Girls aged 7 to 15
Heathfield started its own Summer Camp for local girls so they could enjoy the high quality activities and sports that we were already offering to overseas students on our international Summer School. Over the years more than a thousand girls have attended the camp, many returning year after year and bringing sisters and friends with them.
Timings and Arrangements
Day girls arrive between 08.45 and 09.15 when activities start. An Early Morning option with Breakfast is available at 08.00.
At 5.30 girls are collected and signed out by parents or can take our Late Stay option until 6.30.
Girls can stay from one day to four weeks. There is a sliding scale for longer stays and returning students receive a 10% discount from their second year. Heathfield accepts Childcare Vouchers.
Heathfield’s teachers and specialist group leaders offer the girls a fun-packed and educational daily programme, balancing creative, artistic and sporting skills.
Summer Campers are grouped together according to age and move together between activities. There are different programmes for junior and senior groups as well as options sessions.
Each Thursday afternoon we invite parents to an exhibition or show. The exhibitions include cookery, floristry, art, craft and photography in weeks 1 and 3, and in weeks 2 and 4 music, dance and drama shows take place.
Two or three afternoons a week Summer Camp girls mix with the students from the international Summer School and take part in sports and games and in our popular Heathfield Festivals.
There are morning and afternoon breaks, during which drinks and snacks are provided, and an hour’s lunch break. Our dining-room service offers a great range of hot and cold dishes.
Many local girls enjoy the opportunity to spend time as a day girl and as a boarder. Residential stays are usually for a minimum of one week but sometimes we are able to arranger taster nights in the first or last weeks of the camp, depending on availability of beds.
Why choose Heathfield Summer Camp?
- Girls only – a unique course where we can offer activities and sports the girls love and where great friendships flourish
- A small, established course – Heathfield has over 25 years’ experience of running its own Summer Camp with a range of qualified teachers, specialist coaches and enthusiastic young activities staff
- Flexibility – early morning breakfast and late-stay options for working parents
- Lunches and breaks included – a good range of hot and cold dishes, salads and puddings as well as break-time snacks are served in the dining room
- Activity and creativity – a huge range of sports and activities are available every day and girls can take home what they make in art, crafts, photography, floristry and cookery
- Shows and Exhibitions – enjoy the chance to see what your daughter is doing and be part of her summer experience
- First class care and welfare – the Heathfield staff to student ratio is 1:6, a school nurse is always on duty and safety and security are priorities
- Excellent staff continuity – we get to know our girls and their families and give personal service
- Beautiful, safe location – we have tree-lined, spacious grounds and excellent, modern facilities
- Boarding options – girls can try spending some of their stay as a boarder
- Student Helpers – former Summer Campers are part of our team and help welcome girls and look after them throughout their course
Student Assistants and Helpers