Heathfield has been an incredible experience for me for the last few years of my life. Even though my home in Canada is a few thousand miles away, I have everything I need here to feel at home.
My daughter is quite a shy girl and all the staff make the girls feel part of the group from the first moment they arrive.
Mother of Ines, 11
Heathfield Boarding Summer Camp
For Girls aged 7 to 15
Heathfield’s Boarding Camp promises a great deal of fun for everyone. The combination of great activities and the excitement of sharing a bedroom with girls from Britain and overseas provides the chance for campers to sample boarding school life. Older girls have single rooms with wash basins. In the boarding houses girls are looked after by our school nurse and a team of pastoral staff all of whom sleep near the girls.
Timings and Arrangements
Boarders arrive between 5pm and 6pm on Sunday afternoon. After the registration process our Assistants and Student Helpers (girls who have been Summer Campers themselves) show new arrivals and their families round the school. After supper the Summer Camp Activities Director holds a Welcome Meeting before the evening activity begins.
Girls are collected on a Saturday morning or can stay over the weekend before enjoying a further week at Heathfield. There is a sliding scale for longer stays and from their second year, returning students receive a 10% discount. Heathfield accepts Childcare Vouchers.
Campers are grouped together according to age and move together between activities. Heathfield’s well-qualified and experienced teachers and group leaders offer the girls a fun-packed and educational, daily programme, balancing creative, artistic and sporting skills. We have junior and senior groups whose activities vary according to girls’ ages.
Each Thursday afternoon we invite parents to an exhibition or show. The exhibitions include cookery, floristry, art, craft and photography in weeks 1 and 3, and in weeks 2 and 4 music, dance and drama shows take place.
Evenings and Weekend Programme
Evenings and weekends are for whole school activities with Summer School and Summer Camp girls joining together. Girls will be assigned to one of four Houses, designed to allow different ages and nationalities to meet, mix and make friends.
The girls enjoy quizzes, Scottish or English country dancing, discos and parties. They also take part in our very popular cultural events, such as The Big Conversation and Speak-Dating where they can try different languages with overseas girls. International theme evenings also offer British girls a chance to sample different cultures as they watch dances and listen to songs from all over the world.
The Sports Hall and Swimming Pool are open on selected evenings and we also show films on a big screen in our new Performing Arts Centre.
Trips to places of entertainment, such as the cinema, bowling or a theme park, are organized once a week.
Why choose Heathfield Summer Camp?
- Girls only – a unique course where we can offer the activities and sports the girls love and where great friendships flourish
- A small, established course – Heathfield has over 20 years’ experience of running its own Summer Camp with a range of qualified teachers, specialist coaches and enthusiastic young activities staff
- Boarding fun – the chance to try life in a boarding school and make friends with girls from Britain and all around the world
- First class care and welfare – the Heathfield staff to student ratio is 1:6, a school nurse and housemothers are always on duty and safety and security are priorities
- Activity and creativity – a huge range of sports and activities are available every day and girls can take home what they make in art, craft, photography, floristry and cookery
- Excellent dining room service – a good range of hot and cold dishes, salads and puddings and break-time snacks
- Helpers – former Summer Campers are part of our team to help welcome girls and look after them throughout their stay
- Excellent staff continuity – we get to know our girls and their families and give personal service
- Shows and Exhibitions – the chance, if you live nearby, to see what your daughter is doing and be part of her summer fun
- Beautiful, safe location – we have tree-lined, spacious grounds and excellent, modern facilities